92 points - Robert Whitley
"It is no small achievement to produce an outstanding dry gewürztraminer. First of all, the fruit must be perfect...Gundlach Bundschu absolutely nailed it in this vintage."
90 points - Connoisseurs' Guide To California Wine
From now until Thanksgiving get a special Turkey-pairing price on 6-packs of gewürztraminer and pinot
. Gobble it up!
|| 0.50 g/100ml.
Fragrant aromas of orange blossom and allspice burst from the glass followed by luscious flavors of lychee, clementine, Asian pear, and guava spiced with fresh ginger and coriander. The round, plush palate is accentuated with delicately woven mineral notes and crisp acidity leading into to a long, vibrant finish. Wonderfully bright and fresh in its youth, this classic, dry Gewürztraminer will continue to develop complexity up to fifteen years from vintage.
• The Bundschu family’s 150+year-old vineyard is located on the SW slopes of the Mayacamas Mountains, just eight miles north of San Pablo Bay.
• Terrain below 150 ft elevation features gently sloping Huichica clay loam soils with gravel deposits and cooler growing conditions that deliver minerality and focused acidity. Wines grown in these blocks bear the Sonoma Coast designation to reflect their cool climate character.
• Eleven acres of Heritage Selection vines planted 1969, harvested in 2 lots. Eleven acres of clone 47 vines planted 2005, harvested in 3 lots. Yield 3.5 tons/acre.
• Night harvested in five lots, whole cluster pressed, 48 hours cold settled
• 20% clusters frozen 48 hours then thawed completely, then whole-cluster pressed, for richness and texture
• Yeast strain VL1
• 90% stainless steel fermented, 10% fermented in neutral oak
• 0.0% residual sugar